Re: What needs to be done?

От Anders Bengtsson
Тема Re: What needs to be done?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Rene Pijlman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read in comp.lang.java.databases that help is needed with
> development of the JDBC driver. Can someone please provide some
> pointers to what needs to be done?
>
> What are the open issues? Is it JDBC 2.0 compliance? PostgreSQL
> 7.1 support?
>
> I've seen a lot of postings about BLOB problems, and
> JDBC-standard BLOB support is on the overall todo list
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.html). Is that still open
> for development? Is there anyone who has already looked at
> JDBC-standard BLOB support? If so, what are the challenges and
> complications?

The broken BLOB support is a complete showstopper for PostgreSQL in some
environments, so that feels like a high priority.

As for JDBC 2.0, has anyone tried some sort of test suite for compliance?
I know that some differences from the SQL standards make it impossible for
PostgreSQL to be truly JDBC 2.0 compliant at the time, but it would be
nice to know if we are as close to compliance as we can be.

/Anders