Re: What needs to be done?

От Liam Stewart
Тема Re: What needs to be done?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:19:01PM +0200, Anders Bengtsson wrote:

> As for JDBC 2.0, has anyone tried some sort of test suite for compliance?
> I know that some differences from the SQL standards make it impossible for
> PostgreSQL to be truly JDBC 2.0 compliant at the time, but it would be
> nice to know if we are as close to compliance as we can be.

I have run the JDBC test suite[1] against the jdbc driver that comes
with the postgresql 7.1.2 release and the driver that is in CVS. About
17% of the tests fail in both cases. From a glance, it looks like most
of those failures are from unimplemented methods, either because support
hasn't been added to the driver or there isn't any backend support.
There are some weird failures as well (i.e.: a test fails once, but
succeeds on later runs). Once I have combed through the results (and
there are a lot of results!), I will post a report here.

Liam

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
    http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#jdbctestsuite

The instructions are fairly straightforward, but application server
stuff is a bit vague. Using j2ee as the application server is what they
expect even though it doesn't say so in the docs. I can provide
instructions.

--
Liam Stewart :: Red Hat Canada, Ltd. :: liams@redhat.com