Re: Translation of the documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Translation of the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Roberto Mello writes:

> What is the current license? BSD?

: Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
: documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this
: paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies.
: [...]

> Can this translation be put under something like the GFDL?

That depends on what the GFDL says in detail, and as long as you obey the
original license.  Personally I think the GFDL is very complicated and
unnecessary unless you're dead-sold on the GPL already.  Especially for
the PostgreSQL core we don't want to diverge from the existing licensing.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Translation of the documentation
Сообщение: Re: Translation of the documentation