Re: beta3

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: beta3
Дата
Re: beta3  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: beta3  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> Okay, how do we want to address/fix/test this?

Assuming that we don't want to make sweeping changes to the overall
procedure, I suggest this:

1.  The postgres.tar.gz and man.tar.gz documentation tarballs required for
a release used to be at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/doc/.  The new
file system location of this directory needs to be determined.

2.  Some postgres.tar.gz and man.tar.gz files need to be put there.

3.  The currently commented out portion in the mk-release script needs
to be altered to pick up these files.

(I also suggest 'set -e' in this script so it doesn't ignore errors.)

4.  The HTML-doc-build cron job needs to be reinstated on postgresql.org
and put its output file at the new location.

5.  When I'm done with the new manpages I'll upload them to the
appropriate location.

I think the answer to #1 is /var/spool/ftp or something.  For #2, use the
postgres.tar.gz files that Bruce currently builds, and use the old
man.tar.gz file from 7.1.

I suggest when #3 is done we can ship a beta3.

For #4, I don't know who wants to do it.  If it's me then it might take a
few days.  #5 is well under way.  When #4 and #5 are done we can ship rc1
or beta4, depending on the other issues.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net