Re: beta3

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier writes:
>
> > Okay, how do we want to address/fix/test this?
>
> Assuming that we don't want to make sweeping changes to the overall
> procedure, I suggest this:
>
> 1.  The postgres.tar.gz and man.tar.gz documentation tarballs required for
> a release used to be at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/doc/.  The new
> file system location of this directory needs to be determined.

Should simply be ~ftp/pub/dev/doc

> 2.  Some postgres.tar.gz and man.tar.gz files need to be put there.
>
> 3.  The currently commented out portion in the mk-release script needs
> to be altered to pick up these files.
>
> (I also suggest 'set -e' in this script so it doesn't ignore errors.)

Okay, just added 'set -e', commented out, to the script ... actually, just
uncommented it, for, even without the docs, it probably shouldn't be
ignored, eh? :)

> 4.  The HTML-doc-build cron job needs to be reinstated on
> postgresql.org and put its output file at the new location.
>
> 5.  When I'm done with the new manpages I'll upload them to the
> appropriate location.
>
> I think the answer to #1 is /var/spool/ftp or something.  For #2, use the
> postgres.tar.gz files that Bruce currently builds, and use the old
> man.tar.gz file from 7.1.
>
> I suggest when #3 is done we can ship a beta3.

Okay, will bundle up Beta3 in the morning then ...

> For #4, I don't know who wants to do it.  If it's me then it might
> take a few days.  #5 is well under way.  When #4 and #5 are done we
> can ship rc1 or beta4, depending on the other issues.

Would #4 be these, from thomas old cron jobs:

# Run at 3:05 local time (EST5EDT?) every day5  3 * * *       $HOME/CURRENT/docbuild |& tee $HOME/CURRENT/docbuild.log
# Twice a day during beta 2000-03-28
25 11 * * *       $HOME/CURRENT/docbuild |& tee $HOME/CURRENT/docbuild.log

Сообщение: Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)
Сообщение: Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete