Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Josh Rovero wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote
>

>> I did some experimentation here and found a rather surprising
>> dependency: the time to delete a bunch of data is pretty much
>> directly proportional to the disk space it occupies.  This says
>> that we're paying through the nose for having XLOG make copies
>> of about-to-be-modified pages.

Can't we somehow WAL only metadata and not the actual pages for
DELETEs - as delete is essentially (though currently not technically)
just metadata it should be a possible thing to do.

Hannu

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: beta3