Re: compiler warnings in ODBC

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: compiler warnings in ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue writes:

> ISTM neither you nor Philip Warner would use the driver
> in reality. I'm suspicious if --enable-odbc has a meaning
> without the environment. We could have 3 kind of ODBC
> drivers under unix now.
> 1) stand-alone driver made with --enable-odbc.
> 2) iODBC driver made with --with-iodbc.
> 3) unixODBC driver made with --with-unixODBC.
>
> Because they are exclusive, it seems to have little meaning
> to make 1) in advance. In addition it seems misleading if
> people would regard 1) as the standard PG driver.

It probably doesn't make the greatest possible sense, but it's backward
compatible and consistent with typical configure options.

Btw., to get the iODBC driver, you need both options --with-iodbc and
--enable-odbc.  If you only use the former, you get nothing at all.
Again, this could conceivably be done differently.