Re: compiler warnings in ODBC

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: compiler warnings in ODBC
Дата
Re: compiler warnings in ODBC  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Can someone look at this compiler warning I am seeing in ODBC:
> > >

> > BTW why are people configuring with --enable-odbc ?
>
> I enable all I can so I can check more of the code during a compile.

ISTM neither you nor Philip Warner would use the driver
in reality. I'm suspicious if --enable-odbc has a meaning
without the environment. We could have 3 kind of ODBC
drivers under unix now.
1) stand-alone driver made with --enable-odbc.
2) iODBC driver made with --with-iodbc.
3) unixODBC driver made with --with-unixODBC.

Because they are exclusive, it seems to have little meaning
to make 1) in advance. In addition it seems misleading if
people would regard 1) as the standard PG driver.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue