Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, postgresql wrote:

> Could someone create a post that shows who(user) should own
> what. I have always let postgres own the pgsql directory and I see
> that it is recomended that root own it.

Whenver I have installed postgres (as the postgres user), it has always
installed everything owned by postgres:postgres.  I've never installed
postgres as root, except for the Perl interfaces (which must be installed
by root).  This was the recommended procedure in earlier version of
PostgreSQL, but it seems in the newer documentation, it recommends
*against* installing as the postgres super-user.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Toddlers are the stormtroopers of the Lord of Entropy.