Re: Signals blocked during auth

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Signals blocked during auth
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I think this is fairly irrelevant, because a not-yet-backend should
> have a fairly short timeout (a few seconds) before just shutting
> down anyway, so that malfunctioning clients can't cause denial of
> service; the particular case you mention is just one scenario.

I have a note here about an authentication timeout on the order of a few
minutes.  You never know what sort of things PAM or Kerberos can go
through behind the scenes.

> OTOH, it'd be easy enough to turn on SIGTERM/SIGQUIT too, if you
> think there's really any value in it.

I think that would be reasonable.

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: GiST patches for 7.2 (please apply)
Сообщение: Re: GiST patches for 7.2 (please apply)