Re: Signals blocked during auth

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Signals blocked during auth
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > I think this is fairly irrelevant, because a not-yet-backend should
> > have a fairly short timeout (a few seconds) before just shutting
> > down anyway, so that malfunctioning clients can't cause denial of
> > service; the particular case you mention is just one scenario.
>
> I have a note here about an authentication timeout on the order of a few
> minutes.  You never know what sort of things PAM or Kerberos can go
> through behind the scenes.
>
> > OTOH, it'd be easy enough to turn on SIGTERM/SIGQUIT too, if you
> > think there's really any value in it.
>
> I think that would be reasonable.
   OK,  I'll go ahead and enable these two during authentication   with a special signal handler that simply does
exit(0).  The   postmaster  expects all it's children to suicide anytime soon   more or less bloody depending on if he
send'sTERM  or  QUIT.   But  at least, they have to terminate without waiting for the   client or otherwise
infinitely.

Jan