Re: Changing PL/pgSQL triggers

От Kristoff Bonne
Тема Re: Changing PL/pgSQL triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Greetings,

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> What's the easiest way to modify or view a function written in
>> PL/pgSQL?  I've been using pg_dump to get the original function, then
>> dropping and creating the function and trigger after making a change.
>> Is there an easier way?

> Well, if you're on Win32 or on Linux, you can install PGAccess (link
> from postgresql.org).  PGAccess has an OK function editor, although it
> doesn't support cut-and-paste on Xwindows and I've found a few bugs with
> large and complex functions.

One if the 'features' missing in PGAccess (at least, on the version found
in the 'ports-tree' of FreeBSD 4.1) is a simple 'save-without-quit'
function.
When you're editing a function; and you do save, the windows closes.

So, you do some debugging, you find a bug; and you need to re-open the
function.
Usually (on my workstation), the windows pops up at the wrong place of the
screen; and I usually need to do some 'resizing' to get the window in the
shape I like.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne
--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: