Re: 7.1 on Solaris 8 run failure?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 7.1 on Solaris 8 run failure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adam Haberlach writes:

> > There is also an installation guide for PostgreSQL 7.1 on Solaris that
> > has settings for his, as well as explaining how to get readline and
> > OpenSSL working.
> >
> > http://techdocs.postgresql.org/installguides.html#solaris
>
>     This is very handy, and since it seems to be the common one-line
> response on this list, would there be any chance that PostgreSQL could
> emit a URL like this when it fails for what I would expect to be a common
> reason for those of us that are used to out-of-the-box Linux installs
> and are becoming more and more frustrated with Sun's silly defaults?

If you had read the postmaster's error message to the end you would have
seen

: The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
: shared memory configuration.

And then you would open up the Administrator's Guide, either on the
internet or locally, click on "Shared Memory and Semaphores" and there you
would find all the information you need.

At least this is how I imagined it.  Is there a missing mental link?