Re: PostgreSQL authentication via PAM/Radius available?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL authentication via PAM/Radius available?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Daniel Tepas writes:

> The easiest way would be a patch for the src/backend/libpq/auth.[ch] to add another authentication scheme like
> pam or radius, has anybody written something like that?

I don't know how radius authentication works, but for pam authentication
you will have to extend the libpq protocol and the API and all client
applications to allow the PAM authentication to pass along arbitrary
prompts (usually a password prompt, but it could be anything any number of
times).  This looks like a lot of work for little benefit.