Re: search on accents over all possible matches

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: search on accents over all possible matches
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jaume Teixi writes:

> this c function from Patrice Hédé is the most appropiate tool for
> searching on an accent based language ?
> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1998-06/msg00119.html

Looks good to me.

> or should I use an implemented function inside postgres right now ?

The reason there is no such implementation, and probably won't be any time
soon, is that this tool would either have to hard-code or ignore natural
language semantics, neither of which would make it practical.  Not all
languages have the same accent ignoring or accent folding rules or
conventions.