Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> ?? I think we agree. It happens to be the case that slightly incorrect
> results are wrong results, and that full IEEE math conformance gives
> exactly correct results. For the case of date/time, the "slightly wrong"
> results round up to 60.0 seconds for times on an even minute boundary,
> which is just plain wrong.

Well, you're going to have to ask a numerical analyst about this.  If you
take that stance then -ffast-math is always wrong, no matter what the
combination of other switches.  The "wrong" results might be harder to
reproduce without any optimization going on, but they could still happen.