Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: RPM building (was regression on RedHat)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You're reading this wrong.  What this means is:
> "If you're working on GCC, do not ever think of enabling -ffast-math
> implicitly by any -Ox level [since most other -fxxx options are grouped
> under some -Ox], since programs that might want optimization could still
> depend on correct IEEE math."
> In particular, Mandrake is not wrong to compile with -O3 and -ffast-math.
> The consequence would only be slightly incorrect math results, and that is
> what indeed happened.

?? I think we agree. It happens to be the case that slightly incorrect
results are wrong results, and that full IEEE math conformance gives
exactly correct results. For the case of date/time, the "slightly wrong"
results round up to 60.0 seconds for times on an even minute boundary,
which is just plain wrong.
                      - Thomas