Re: 7.1 Docs WAS:Auto-timestamp generator (attached)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 7.1 Docs WAS:Auto-timestamp generator (attached)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Laurel Williams writes:

> As a suggestion regarding the docs ... as a newbie, I went straight to
> the"user's lounge" and didn't check out the "developer's corner" because
> I figured those docs would be pretty hard-core technical. But in
> reality, many of the developer's docs are much the same, only more
> current and more complete. I think I have seen other questions on this
> listserv deriving from the same problem (they would be easily answered
> >from the developer's docs). IMHO, perhaps there should be some sort of a
> pointer from the user's lounge to the developer's docs, with warning, if
> that is necessary??

The documentation in the developer's corner is for the upcoming version
7.1, mostly for the benefit of developers that don't want to build it
themselves, whereas the one in the user's lounge are for the released
version 7.0 and earlier releases.  The reason that they are mostly the
same is that the product they're describing is mostly the same.  The
reason they are more complete is that people have taken the time to work
on them since 7.0 was released.  And there is a link from the user's
lounge to the current development docs.