Re: Postgres Client other than Linux?

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Postgres Client other than Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Raymond Chui wrote:

> I also have a HP machine with OS HP-UX 10.20, I have installed
> Perl 5.6 and DBI. But when I install DBD (DBD-Pg-0.95) it requires
> me install all those *.h files and libpg.* files first. I don't want to
> install PostgreSQL server in the HP machine, I only want to install
> the software development package and the client for my HP. But
> I only find the whole source postgresql-7.0.3 package from PostgreSQL
> Web site. Besides, I also had problem to compile the postgresql-7.0.3
> in HP-UX 10.20. Any help? Thanks!

There is a build option to do just the clients with the source package.
The basic procedure is:

make -C src/bin install
make -C src/interfaces install
make -C doc install

See the admin documentation for more details on installation.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Wake up and smell the coffee.
        -- Ann Landers

От: "Brett W. McCoy"
Сообщение: Re: MySQL has transactions
От: "Egon Schmid (@work)"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres-Book from addison-wesley?