Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen writes:

> It's pretty dramatic to get the 'You don't have permissions to install'
> message from the perl 'make install' when I am performing the build (and
> the make install) as root.  Particularly when 7.0's perl 'make install'
> worked semi-properly.  I say semi-properly because the packing list had
> to be rewritten -- but at least the install did its job to the proper
> build-root'ed location.

Then we apparently have a problem here.  I can only say "works here", and
I verified against the MakeMaker internals that things work as designed.
What does 'gmake -f Makefile echo-installdir' show?  Is it the location
you'd expect, and do you really have write access to that location?
Maybe a shell problem in GNUmakefile?  I'm sitting at a RH 7.0 system and
when I wrote this code I was using 5.2, so I must suspect that you are
doing something that voids the warranty. ;-)

Сообщение: Re: CVS updates on committers list...
Сообщение: Re: CVS updates on committers list...