Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote:
> Well, it's pretty dramatic to get the starred box saying that I don't
> have permissions to install to where I want to install it when I'm
> running as root.

You'd think that, as a native English speaker, I could structure a
sentence more effectively than that....

Let me rephrase:

It's pretty dramatic to get the 'You don't have permissions to install'
message from the perl 'make install' when I am performing the build (and
the make install) as root.  Particularly when 7.0's perl 'make install'
worked semi-properly.  I say semi-properly because the packing list had
to be rewritten -- but at least the install did its job to the proper
build-root'ed location.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio