Re: Macintosh client

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Macintosh client
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Takehiko Abe wrote:

> > > How about telnet + psql?
> >
> > That technically wouldn't be a Macintosh client.
> >

> No. but does that matter?

Yes, because the user in question isn't an SQL guru or a Linux guru or
anything like that, but a Mac user who is used to clicking on widgets and
the like (she's also very familiar with MS-Access, but we don't have a
Windows machine available).  I was looking for something like PgAccess, so
the user could export data to a local file for, say, a mail merge in a
word processing document.  I ended up having to hand code a web interface
ultimately in Perl.

-- Brett                                    http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
There is no sincerer love than the love of food.    -- George Bernard Shaw