Re: pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane writes:

> Huh?  There is only one config.status, and it'll update all its output
> files whenever it runs.  I don't see the issue.

The rules in the makefiles cause config.status to only update the file
that triggered the rule.  E.g.,

GNUmakefile: GNUmakefile.in $(top_builddir)/config.status
    CONFIG_FILES=$@ CONFIG_HEADERS= ./config.status

(Yes, this interface is incredibly stupid.)

> >> In particular, touching it before creating config.status is guaranteed
> >> to lose.
>
> > Exactly why?
>
> Excess runs of config.status.  stamp-h has to be touched after making
> config.status, not before.

Ok, now I see it.  I guess we'll have to go back to forcing a touch of
config.h after config.status runs in order to get this to work properly.