Re: escaping arrays in perl dbi

От Andrew Perrin
Тема Re: escaping arrays in perl dbi
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
It's not the curly brackets but the double quotes - when you hit the
opening " of "apple" it matches the original " of the string. Try:

$dbh->do(q{update basket set f_order='{"apple",0}' where cap='I'});

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrinAssistant Professor of Sociology, U of North
Carolina,Chapel Hill     269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Vincent Stoessel wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to figure out how I need to change the string below in
> order to do an insert into my table using perl dbi. perl seems to choke
> on the curly brackets. Any help would be appriciated.
> Thanks.
>

> $dbh->do("update basket set f_order ='{"apple",0}' where cap ='I'");
>

> --
> Vincent Stoessel
> Linux Systems Developer
> vincent xaymaca.com