Re: [GENERAL] Postgres on Ultrasparc

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres on Ultrasparc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Silvio Macedo wrote:
> Thank you for your email.
> Maybe I was not clear enough.
>
> I wanted to know information about running Postgresql on Linux on a
> Ultrasparc.

   Wow, this is danger. I usually avoid Linux on non-x86. And I avoid Linux
on x86 with high load - I use FreeBSD (but not with Postgres - MySQL).
   I heared there are major problems in Linux SCSI subsystem, making it
inapropriate for high load situations. It is possible that you touched one
of these bugs.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net