Re: [GENERAL] Postgres on Ultrasparc

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres on Ultrasparc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Silvio Macedo wrote:
> I would very much like to know if anybody has any experience in running
> Postgres on Linux, on a Ultrasparc machine. Any version of Postgres, any
> version of the Linux Kernel, any model of Ultrasparc.
>
> My system still halts completely when I run regression tests.

   Sure. All versions of Postgres, all linucies, all sparcs - no problem.

Host oper.med.ru - Pentium, linux, Debian 2.1. Postgres 6.4.2.
   Recently the system got major hardware problem (overheated processor and
damaged memory or motherboard). The system got down to its knees, but I
moved the disk to another system. Filesystem was slightly corrupted, but
fsck restored it, postgres started up and now it is alive and well.

Host www.indicator.ru (now closed due to lack of manager's interests).
   Pentium, linux, Redhat 5.2. Postgres 6.4.0 and 6.4.2. No problem.

Host sun.med.ru - Ultra-1, Solaris 2.5.1 with some Sunsolve patches. It is
my debugging environment, so there were all versions of Postgres - 6.3.2,
6.4, 6.4.2, 6.5.1. All went well, including regression tests.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net