Re: pg_hba.conf

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf
Дата
Can anyone recommend a good PostGres admin tool?  ("Rick Seeger" <rick@nettheory.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Angel Todorov wrote:

> Hello, sometimes I get a strange error from postgresql when I try to
> connect using ssl to the server:
>
> LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 46, token
> "hostssl"
> FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for
> details
>
> The contents of the pg_hba.conf file are
>
> hostssl  dnet  att 172.16.13.40 255.255.255.255  trust

In 7.3 and less ssl connections fail if a host line matches before the hostssl
line. At least I think that's the situation, there is definitely something
there that will make a ssl connection get rejected even if there is an
appropiate entry in pg_hba.conf

This works more sensibly in 7.4 I believe.

--
Nigel J. Andrews