Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)
Дата
Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > So a db designer made a bloody mistake.
> > The problem is there's no easy way to find out what's missing.
> > I'd really like EXPLAIN to display all subsequent triggered queries
> > also, to see the full scans caused by missing indexes.
>
> I'd sure second that!

That's only partially determinable though. The trigger code could branch and
run two different queries depending on the values supplied in the 'input' tuple
of the trigger.

Nigel

Сообщение: Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)
Сообщение: Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)