Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: ADD FOREIGN KEY (was Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>

>>>So a db designer made a bloody mistake.
>>>The problem is there's no easy way to find out what's missing.
>>>I'd really like EXPLAIN to display all subsequent triggered queries
>>>also, to see the full scans caused by missing indexes.
>>>

>>I'd sure second that!
>>

>That's only partially determinable though. The trigger code could branch and
>run two different queries depending on the values supplied in the 'input' tuple
>of the trigger.

That would be ok; if I got a problem with a certain query, I don't
expect to find problems I might get with other queries. Though this
would be nice, how about a general pg_gimme_all_problems() function :-)

Regards,
Andreas

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: 2-phase commit