Re: Migration from SQLServer

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Migration from SQLServer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Tapan Trivedi wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I have just started my migration activity from MS SQLServer to postgreSQL.
>
> While the initial setup and tests are working, I had to put all my table names within quotations.

You don't say _why_ you had to put all your table names in double quotes. I
presume it's because they are mixed or upper case.

> Is there something I have missed in configuration or does postgreSQL work like this ?

PostgreSQL folds identifiers to lower case, where other systems fold to upper,
unless they are enclosed in double quotes in which case case is preserved.

> I have to go thru code now and make changes. (I might have to do that after all this if the data types are not
matching - Over all not a great day since I found this out and LAL lost today

If you had to quote your table names in your create scripts how come you're
having to also change the code to use quote marks? Surely you changed the
create scripts because the code was already using them.

--
Nigel J. Andrews