Re: Migration from SQLServer

От Tapan Trivedi
Тема Re: Migration from SQLServer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the quick response.

a. I have to put the table names in double quotes since postgreSQL
throws out Relation ".." not found error.  The only way I can access the
tables are by including them in quotes and maintaining the case.

b. Create script. Let me explain - I generated the script from MSSQL and
it gave a whole lot of issues (for SQL statements and types) . When  I
resolved all of them, I encountered Relation ".." not found error. The
only way I could resolve it was by giving the table names in quotes. I
guess I should have converted all table names in lowercase and then all
would be OK.

What I am trying to find out now is - Is there anyway I can avoid
dropping the database and recreating it ??

Re Tapan

Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

>On Fri, 16 May 2003, Tapan Trivedi wrote:
>

>>Hi All:
>>
>>I have just started my migration activity from MS SQLServer to postgreSQL.
>>
>>While the initial setup and tests are working, I had to put all my table names within quotations.
>>

>You don't say _why_ you had to put all your table names in double quotes. I
>presume it's because they are mixed or upper case.
>

>>Is there something I have missed in configuration or does postgreSQL work like this ?
>>

>PostgreSQL folds identifiers to lower case, where other systems fold to upper,
>unless they are enclosed in double quotes in which case case is preserved.
>

>>I have to go thru code now and make changes. (I might have to do that after all this if the data types are not
matching - Over all not a great day since I found this out and LAL lost today