Re: Deleting orphan records

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Deleting orphan records
Дата
Список pgsql-general

havedo do outer join acrobatics ;-) Best Regards;Chris Travers----- Original Message ----- From: John Smith To:
pgsql-general@postgresql.orgSent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:55 PMSubject: [GENERAL] Deleting orphan records
> Does anybody have a method for deleting orphan (unreferenced) records? Is it possible to set up some sort of
constraintor trigger (that performs well when lots of records are deleted ;) )?

I'm was sure I'd seen mention of using an extra table in the delete statement
in the docs. However, I can't see it in 7.4dev. Going by that short description
though the following might be possible:

DELETE FROM table1
WHERE
  NOT EXISTS ( SELECT FROM table2 WHERE table2.forkeycol = table1.forkeycol )

According the the docs the reader is directed to the SELECT page for details of
the WHERE clause and the above would be valid for a select.

--
Nigel J. Andrews

От: John Smith
Сообщение: COPY with fk's slow
От: Francois Suter
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Mailing Lists in Italian?