Re: OT: seeking query help, where?

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: OT: seeking query help, where?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Tim Lynch wrote:

> First, sorry for the OT, flame me off-list!
>
> I'm a sysadmin being impressed into dba service. i've been getting along
> pretty well writing queries and making reports, but i've got some questions.
> suggestions for a good list/forum for help?
>
> from two tables both with email_addr columns, i want a distinct list of all
> email_addrs in one column. what i do now is select distinct on each and then
> sort -u the results.

I like it! My sort of solution. Only I don't know the -u switch, I'd have done
`cat blah* | sort | uniq` but it's obviously the same idea.

As for the query that would do it, I believe that's already been answered I
just thought I'd stand up for the good old fashioned unix ways. :)

--
Nigel J. Andrews