Success: Finished porting application to postgreSQL

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Success: Finished porting application to postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

after several weeks I have finished porting my application to postgreSQL,
which formerly ran on mySQL. This was only possible cause of the help I
got from this mailing list, the postgreSQL documentation and all the nice,
compared to mySQL advanced, features postgreSQL gave me.

Even though porting might be a tedious task, it was fun for me - maybe,
cause it was a private project, too. *grin*

Nonetheless a very positive side effect of porting, the server load
dropped from an average of about 15 (fifteen) to below 1, most of the time
even below 0.5 on average and the application sped up about ten times - I
can judge this, cause I am running performance logs.

This speed up saved me from buying a new server for my non-profit
application, which is really cool. Now I can even implement more advanced
search criteria pages, as postgreSQL gives me the power to do so.

Thanks for all the help from in here again!

Kind regards
... Ralph ...

Сообщение: Re: Triggers - with a little change
Сообщение: Re: Triggers - with a little change