Re: Success: Finished porting application to postgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Success: Finished porting application to postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ralph Graulich <maillist@shauny.de> writes:
> after several weeks I have finished porting my application to postgreSQL,
> which formerly ran on mySQL. ...

> Nonetheless a very positive side effect of porting, the server load
> dropped from an average of about 15 (fifteen) to below 1, most of the time
> even below 0.5 on average and the application sped up about ten times - I
> can judge this, cause I am running performance logs.

Cool.  We keep hearing about how MySQL is faster than Postgres, so it's
always nice to see hard evidence that it ain't necessarily so.  Do you
have any thoughts about where the speedup came from --- for example,
were you able to rewrite queries into more efficient forms using PG's
extra features?