Re: COPY performance

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: COPY performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> I'm trying to COPY in a table of 1 million rows. The table is created by:
>
> [sniped]
>
> mmap()ed, STDIN can be special cased surely, and how about all the CPU power
> required for the ascii to internal representations being so high in a process
> that I would have thought to be very nearly IO bound?
>
> I could take a look at the code, not something I've done yet I must admit, and
> see if I can contribute by doing the mmap business if it's seen as a good idea.

I forgot to mention that even with 99% of the CPU it still takes a pretty long
time to load 300,000 rows, it's still working on the second batch and I think I
kicked the first off 30-60 minutes ago.

Also:

=>select version();
                               version
 PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i386-unknown-freebsd3.3, compiled by GCC 2.7.2.3

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---