Re: COPY performance

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: COPY performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
> > I'm trying to COPY in a table of 1 million rows. The table is created by:
> I forgot to mention that even with 99% of the CPU it still takes a pretty long
> time to load 300,000 rows, it's still working on the second batch and I think I
> kicked the first off 30-60 minutes ago.
>
> Also:
>
> =>select version();
>                                version
>  PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i386-unknown-freebsd3.3, compiled by GCC 2.7.2.3

Coming late to the party. :-)
How about telling us about your complete setup?
SYS V memory settings.
Type of disks (SCSI, rpm, etc).

I merge 4.5 M records in less than 20 minutes. The file loaded is about
160MB. The Machine is Pentium 4, 2GB Ram, 2 SCSI disks for the databa (10K
rpm), base directory in one disk and logs in another.