Re: PHP, HTML Forms & PostgreSQL

От Leif Jensen
Тема Re: PHP, HTML Forms & PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   Hi Martijn,

  Thx for your quick reply.

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:26:47AM +0200, Leif Jensen wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >
> >   I'm doing some intranet pages using PHP & PostgreSQL. (Our corporate
> > database is 'of course' using PostgreSQL ;-). I like this interface and
> > have had great help in looking at PgAdmin, which I have been using from
> > time to time.
> >
> >   I have some problems with HTML forms and how they interface to PHP, and
> > I haven't been able to locate any description of this (neither in the HTML
> > manuals or in the PHP manuals). From testing and looking at PgAdmin, I
> > figured out how to name variables and assign values.
>
> Lookup the HTML specs, I think they say something about this. It is defined
> somewhere.

   I have looked in the HTML 4.0 recommendation, which talks about how
form data is being handled, but it doesn't say anything about how PHP
treats the result.

> >   However, my specific problem is using checkboxes:
> >
> > 1) If a checkbox is unchecked, I'm not getting any values,
> >
> > 2) If a checkbox is checked, I'm getting the value 'on' where I need 't'
> > in the update sql statement.
> >
> >   Is there any way to make sure the variable (checkbox) will appear in the
> > php action when the value changes (or every time)? Is there a way to make
> > the form 'return' 't' in stead of 'on'?
>
> Nope, HTML just works that way. It works like that on every browser i've
> seen. Remember, those values come from the browser, not anything you can
> control.
>
> Note that the value= part of the checkbox controls the value returned when
> ticked.
>
> Something like:
>
> if( $box != "t" )
>   $box = "f"
>
> all done.

   That's a possibility if you on forehand know the name(s) of checkboxes
in your form. I was trying to make a general sql construction of an update
statement independent of what might be in the form. !?

   Greetings,

 Leif