Re: PHP, HTML Forms & PostgreSQL

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PHP, HTML Forms & PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: PHP, HTML Forms & PostgreSQL  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 12:52:48PM +0200, Leif Jensen wrote:
>    I have looked in the HTML 4.0 recommendation, which talks about how
> form data is being handled, but it doesn't say anything about how PHP
> treats the result.

Hmm, I'm not sure then, but this is the way I've always known it to work.

>    That's a possibility if you on forehand know the name(s) of checkboxes
> in your form. I was trying to make a general sql construction of an update
> statement independent of what might be in the form. !?

Well, I don't know if you can get the variables in a hash, like in perl.
Another thing that sometimes works is:

<input type=hidden   name=box value=f>
<input type=checkbox name=box value=t>

When the tickbox is ticked, the browser will return two values named "box",
which *may* cancel out to give you your t/f combo.

Note this is extremely system specific and not guarenteed and not
recommended. But I have used it successfully on occasion.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/