Upgrading PostgreSQL to 7.1.3

От Gordon Clarke
Тема Upgrading PostgreSQL to 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi All,

At our community radio station we just upgraded from v7.0.2 to 7.1.3 and
quite a few things have changed which has caused the following questions.

1. When one does a \d on a table the type description for a varchar field
has changed from varchar(40)
tocharacter varying(40)
which is most annoying as it forces lines to wrap because of long text in
the modifier section.

Can this be set back to the former? If so how is it done?

2. Previously when issuing a \z command it listed in the 'access
permission' just the public and group permissions, eg.
annoucr        | {"=r","group admin=arwR","group music_coord=r"}

Now it includes the owner name as well as all its permissions eg.
annoucr        | {"=r","zedadmin=arwR","group admin=arwR","group
music_coord=r"}

Again this is annoying because of wrapping. Further it shows the
permissions of the owner for tables which we don't want people to know
about and have them try and connect to. Can this option be switched off
and hence returned to the previous format?

3. Previously the permissions on a sequence were just read-only to PUBLIC
(ie. {"=r"}) which allowed any of our applications to access the sequence
if it needed to. Now it appears that the permissions are to be allocated
to the group accessing the application and that it must be read-write.

Isn't this a security issue? Now anyone (in the group) can write to the
sequence and update it and not just the owner of the sequence. Can someone
explain for me the reason for this change? Tom?

I don't want this to sound negative as there are many good and welcome
enhancements in v7.1.3. Keep up the good work chaps.

Mind u I haven't had a look at all the new features yet so hopefully there
wont be too many more surprises. :)

--
Cheers...Gordon

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: