Re: user to database restriction?

От Jon August
Тема Re: user to database restriction?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That seems like a lot of work. . . and could become easily outdated.  No?

How about in pg_hba.conf?  There's no way to say only user xyz can connect
to database abc?

I tried something like this in my pg_hba.conf, but now nobody can connect
to it.

local     all                                       password    postgres
host      all     xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  255.255.255.255  password    postgres
local     shopdb                                    password        mark
host      shopdb  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  255.255.255.255  password        mark

I was hoping this config would permit user "postgres" to connect to any
database, but limit user "mark" to shopdb.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this a serious security problem for
postgres installations used by many people - like in an ISP environment?

    -Jon