Re: pg_dump fails

От david@netventures.com.au
Тема Re: pg_dump fails
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Answering my own question (With some advice from Tom Lane .. Cheers),
I had 2 users with the same usesysid, and this broke the dump (The dump
that came with pgsql 7.1).

It was easy to fix, I just needed to change the usesysid in pg_shadow of
the user that I didn't intend to have owndership of the db and tables (It
was actually a test user I had created for some reason).

It may be worth noting that this duplication of usesysid did not prevent
pg_dump from working in Postgres 7.0 (However, and this should have
alerted me) it was dupliucating the dump of each table for each user.

| Here goes:
|
| $ sudo su - postgres
| $ pg_dump -x -Ft nvplayer > nvplayer-010920.tar
| getDatabase(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  More
| than one tuple returned by a subselect used as an expression.
| '.
|
| Any suggestions?

David Stanaway.