Setting session global variables

От Jonathan Bartlett
Тема Setting session global variables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Is there a way to set a session global variable in PostgreSQL?  The only
thing I see are examples of setting config variables.  What I would like
to do is this:

Have a table "insertedby" or something that has

created_object oid,
created_by_user oid,
creation_date datetime

Then have a procedure, so that any table that wanted to record who
inserted which record could just use that procedure as an insert
trigger.  The trigger would simply read the "current_user" session
variable (which the client had presumably set upon connection) and use it
to populate the "created_by_user" field.

However, the only way I can see to implement this is to have session
global variables.  Is there a way to fake session global variables with a
table?  Any comments would be appreciated.

Jon

johnnyb6@sdf.lonestar.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: