Re: disable wal

От Anuradha Ratnaweera
Тема Re: disable wal
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Oliver Vecernik wrote:

> Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to disable write ahead logging (WAL) in 7.1?
>
> Why do you want to do this?

Because I have a copy of my real server on a laptop and I do all the
development on it. I use pg_dumpall, diff and shell scripts to synchronize
the two databases, source code and mails.

Obviously, I don't want the data on the laptop to be reliable because even
if everything corrupts there, a fresh installation and a single run of the
sync scripts will take things back to normal. These scripts will _not_
corrupt the real server even if the data on the laptop is corrupt because
data is taken only _from_ the server and not the other way round.

WAL files seem to be a bottleneck for the laptop performance (not on the
real server). So I want to disable it on the laptop.

Regards,

Anuradha