Re: datetimeField = datetimeField - '30minutes'::timespan in psql 7.0 or above

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: datetimeField = datetimeField - '30minutes'::timespan in psql 7.0 or above
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, bangh wrote:

> Actually, it is not so simple.
>
> How can you do this in psql 7.0 or above?
> datetimeField = datetimeField - '30minutes'::timespan ( in psql 6.3, 6.5 you can),
>
> while if you use type timestamp, instead of datetime
> timestampField = timestampField - '30minutes'::interval
>  you will get error msg.:
> No such function 'datetime_stamp' with the specified attributes
>
> --
> Banghe

> > Is there anything that datetime did that timestamp doesn't?
> >
> > Could you
> >
> >    pg_dump | sed | psql
> >
> > to change the datetimes to timestamp?

Interesting. Works fine w/7.1. I don't have a 7.0 db running anywhere to
see that this fails under 7.0.

BTW, I was being far to simplistic in suggesting that
you should pipe pg_dump to sed to psql. As was pointed out,
redirect pg_dump to a file, sed/perl/edit that, then redirect from that to
psql.

HTH,
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>