Re: pg_inherits: not found, but visible

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: pg_inherits: not found, but visible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Joel Burton wrote:
> >
> > Postmaster crashed on me, and on restart, pg_inherits cannot be found.
> > I can see it in pg_class (and it shows up w/ \dS), but any attempt to
> > modify anything fails with "pg_inherits: No such file or directory".
> >
> > I've reindexed the database (w/postgres -P -O). Vacuuming fails (w/error
> > above).
> >
> > What could this be? Is there any hope?
> >

> Try the following queries.
> 1) select oid from pg_database where datname = your_db_name;
> 2) select oid, relfilenode from pg_class where relname = 'pg_inherits';
>
> For example I get the followings in my environment.
> 1) oid = 18720
> 2) relfilenode(==oid) = 16567;
>
> and I could find a $PGDATA/base/18720/16567 file.
> Could you find such a file ?

No. I do have the db directory, and all of the other file for the existing
classes, but not this.

Any ideas why this would disappear? Or any ideas about how to get my
existing data out? (I have a dump from about 36 hours ago; it would be
nice to extract some more recent data!)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>