Re: pg_inherits: not found, but visible

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: pg_inherits: not found, but visible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joel Burton wrote:

> Postmaster crashed on me, and on restart, pg_inherits cannot be found.
> I can see it in pg_class (and it shows up w/ \dS), but any attempt to
> modify anything fails with "pg_inherits: No such file or directory".
>
> I've reindexed the database (w/postgres -P -O). Vacuuming fails (w/error
> above).
>
> What could this be? Is there any hope?

Try the following queries.
1) select oid from pg_database where datname = your_db_name;
2) select oid, relfilenode from pg_class where relname = 'pg_inherits';

For example I get the followings in my environment.
1) oid = 18720
2) relfilenode(==oid) = 16567;

and I could find a $PGDATA/base/18720/16567 file.
Could you find such a file ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue