Unicode in postgresql

От Suraj Kumar S.
Тема Unicode in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all pgsql-hackers,

Iam a new hacker of this list.

I and a few others have started an Linux localization project for Indian
Languages called - Project Tuxila (http://inapp.com/tuxila), and are
currently doing the localization for an Indian language called
"Malayalam". The utilities that will be developed as part of the
project will be under GNU GPL.

We are trying to develop all the required utilities for linux
localization. And as part of that we are trying to implement
"Malayalam" into postgreSQL with the Unicode support available in it.

Could anyone tell me, whether there is any research going in
postgreSQL-Unicode areas, so that i can communicate with them and try to
find solutions to my problems.

Is there any list for postgreSQL-Unicode?

Is there any Unicode sorting engine present in postgreSQL?

I also invite interested hackers to participate in this FreeSoftware
movement.

regards,
Suraj Kumar S.
--