Re: Unicode in postgresql

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Unicode in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi all pgsql-hackers,
>
> Iam a new hacker of this list.
>
> I and a few others have started an Linux localization project for Indian
> Languages called - Project Tuxila (http://inapp.com/tuxila), and are
> currently doing the localization for an Indian language called
> "Malayalam". The utilities that will be developed as part of the
> project will be under GNU GPL.
>
> We are trying to develop all the required utilities for linux
> localization. And as part of that we are trying to implement
> "Malayalam" into postgreSQL with the Unicode support available in it.

What kind of encoding is Malayalam? Is it ISO 2022 compatible? Or yet
another local encoding?

> Could anyone tell me, whether there is any research going in
> postgreSQL-Unicode areas, so that i can communicate with them and try to
> find solutions to my problems.

PostgreSQL 7.1 will have a feature that does an automatic encoding
conversion between Unicode(UTF-8) and other encodings including ISO
8859-1 to 5, EUC(Extended Unix Code) in the database engine.

> Is there any list for postgreSQL-Unicode?
>
> Is there any Unicode sorting engine present in postgreSQL?

No.
--
Tatsuo Ishii