Re: row locking

От ERIC Lawson - x52010
Тема Re: row locking
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Sebastian Bossung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sure this is an easy question, but I just don't seem to be able to
> produce an answer to it:
> How do you make sure hat a row, that is loaded for editing into a client
> application cannot be altered by another client before it is written back to
> the database?
> Do you have to use your own system of extra fields in the database or does
> SQL provide means for locking rows?

One answer is that the SQL implemented by PostgreSQL allows a SELECT
.... FOR UPDATE query.

That's the easy answer, or, the one I know for sure.

--

James Eric Lawson
Research Publications Editor III

eric@bioeng.washington.edu

Everyday language is a part of the human organism and is no less
complicated than it. - Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) [Tractatus
Logico-Philosophicus, 1921]